Funding Agency: European Commission (LIFE programme).
NCU Role: Partner.
Partners: Department of Forests and Department of Environment (Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment); Contact Advertising Agency Ltd.
Project's Main Objective: The project aims to increase public awareness on the natural values of Ethniko Dasiko Parko Troodous (EDPT) for which it was included in the Natura 2000 network and the Ecosystem Services (ES) it provides. The specific objectives of the project are to:
1. Promote public awareness of the targeted audience, towards the need for the protection of Natura 2000 network.
2. Increase awareness on natural values for which the Troodos National Forest Park (Ethniko Dasiko Parko Troodous - CY5000004) was included in the Natura 2000 Network.
2. Change negative attitudes of Cyprus inhabitants, regarding Natura 2000 network and ES, using various means (rural workshops, awareness/media campaign, and dissemination material).
3. Spread knowledge about the natural values and ES provided by Natura 2000 network to professional target groups (policy implementers).
4. Create and provide toolsets (Mobile Apps, guide, documentary, etc.) regarding the Natura 2000 network, the conservation of natural values and the provision of ES in order to be forwarded to the public and be used more widely in a national and international context).
For the Instagram account, please follow ilifetroodos.